Orbitkey is a young product-design brand based in Melbourne, who believe that clever organisation leads to a better and easier life. After a successful Kickstarter campaign in late 2013, what started as a side project for two long-time friends has grown into a full-time devotion for a dedicated team of 18. Design, innovation, and our customers are always at the forefront of what we do.
We’re looking for a Communication Designer to join our enthusiastic and fast-growing team. You will play a big part in the ongoing development of the Orbitkey brand; to bring a cohesiveness of brand identity across the products, packaging, graphics and marketing messages. Enthusiasm, willingness to learn and a keen eye for detail are a must, but most importantly, you must be a great team player.
Working with marketing and design department this role is responsible for undertaking print and digital design activities relating to seasonal, promotional, packaging development digital and in-house content in accordance with Brand directives and guidelines.
- Create ad-hoc graphics for upcoming product campaigns, EDMs, blog posts and events.
- Create print and digital layouts and assets required by the Marketing departments as required
- Supporting Campaign rollout on our website for AU, EU and International site.
- Supporting marketing campaign with social and digital marketing assets (Paid social and organic)
- Design printed sales and marketing collaterals (e.g. posters, catalogues, flyers and guides).
- Design digital catalogues and presentations (e.g. retail guides, staff training, corporate branding mock ups and new product presentations).
- Work alongside the design team on packaging designs for new and existing products.
- Creating a production-ready specification for packaging and also other printed materials.
- Work closely with design team on brand materials (e.g. stationery, business card, packing materials)
Who we’re looking for:
You are well adept at Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign.
You have keen eyes for detail and you are diligent at making sure there are no easy-to-avoid mistakes in the work you produce.
Print production experience - You are able to create detailed production print-ready artwork packaging and other print materials.
Digital production - You are able to create EDM’s layout using Email marketing platform (Mailchimp / Klaviyo ). A basic understanding on current digital marketing platform will be a bonus.
You have a keen interest in the latest in the design. Complementary skill on Illustration and/or animation skill is an advantage.
User-Centered design and basic Front End HTML knowledge would be useful (Ability to produce and create web pages and custom page layouts a plus).
You have great communication skills. You apply empathy, and open ears when communicating with the suppliers/team members.
You are always looking for the best way to deliver your message clearly and in the most effective manner. Most importantly, you’re a great team player. When it comes to working in a team, you exude empathy and enthusiasm. You know what your roles involve, but you’re willing to go beyond the job description to help other team members to work towards the company’s goal and mission.
You’re looking forward to enhancing lives and growing with a fast-growing young brand.
How to Apply:
Almost there! Have a look at our website and our catalogue to get a feel for what we do. If you think you may be the one, all you need to do is send through your Portfolio that reflects our needs, CV, alongside a cover letter including the answers to the following Qs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What are your passions other than graphic design?
- In your opinion, what are some brands that deliver a great brand message? Why?
- What is your brand aspiration and why?
- We have a very tight deadline for a small project and you haven’t gotten a lot of contexts. How would you approach it?
- In a project, you have done your best to fulfil the brief. However, the rest of the team seems concerned with where the direction is going. How do you handle this situation?